Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Looking for a good performance shop in MA/RI/CT

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 07:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sometimes I think I'm the only person in the world that actually LIKES his LT1 F body, as opposed to just settling for it.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is nothing wrong with the LT1, the original non vented 93 OPTI had some issues and gave the motor a bad name because of it, but I personally know of 3 people with LT1 motors still running their original OPTI-spark with over 140K.
My son loves his 95LT1 Formula, although his is still a newbie at 80K
Besides the LT1 just looks sexier!
Old 06-06-2008, 04:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the Opti issues on LT1s are blown so far out of proportion because the non vented (93-94) ones had so many problems. Personally I'm not at all worried about mine. I would however like to get my LT1 to stop drinking oil...

Hey gvincent, saw your other post, did you get your engine troubles straightened out?
Old 06-06-2008, 07:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Formula413
I think the Opti issues on LT1s are blown so far out of proportion because the non vented (93-94) ones had so many problems. Personally I'm not at all worried about mine. I would however like to get my LT1 to stop drinking oil...

Hey gvincent, saw your other post, did you get your engine troubles straightened out?
Well sort of for now, I got another LT1 iron head from a Caddy and will pull my firebird motor out and put the Caddy one in just so I can enjoy some drive time in this car that I have been working on for the last 2 years and haven't been out of my driveway once!!
I will rebuild the Firebird LT1 motor next winter and add some goodies while I am at it.
I still am going to need some help programming and tuning with this motor once I get it installed as well, it is a standalone motor as it is in a Datsun 280Z so I have to delete a bunch of stuff and get the VSS to work with the Autometer electric speedo.
I will start cleaning and prepping the iron head this weekend and start to remove stuff from the engine bay to get the firebird motor ready to come out.
I attached a couple of pics of the Firebird LT1 engine, as you can see I was almost done and was cleaning up the wiring harness and getting all the gauges to work. Now I have to take it all out again!
Thanks,
Greg
Attached Thumbnails Looking for a good performance shop in MA/RI/CT-dscn1933.jpg   Looking for a good performance shop in MA/RI/CT-dscn1932.jpg   Looking for a good performance shop in MA/RI/CT-w2.jpg  
Old 07-31-2015, 08:22 PM
Teching In

Default tune

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
We do tuning sometimes
What kind of rate for dyno tune on 04 GOAT with long tubes and can I think just bought car from NJ no history .

Quick Reply: Looking for a good performance shop in MA/RI/CT