Is it possible to run our cars on a HHO generator?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 08:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it possible to run our cars on a HHO generator?

I have done some research on HHO generators, they seem like the way to go in saving gas. I love driving my car as a DD and i think it's a bad *** idea to try this on my car. A efficient system gives you like 50% more fuel economy! Just go to Youtube and look up hho generators to see what i am talking about if yall dont already know. I just dont know how to run this system past the o2 sensors? Is there a way to run simulators on the front o2's to trick the system into not thinking it is running lean? I will continue to do more research on this but if someone out there already knows please shed some light.
Thanks..
Old 06-24-2008, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

No there isn't...
Old 06-24-2008, 09:14 PM
Launching!

IF you could creat hho gas, you would have to tune like crazyyy
Old 06-24-2008, 10:08 PM
Teching In

I've seen a few guy on the web space their o2 sensors out of the exhaust flow in an attempt to keep them from detecting the additional oxygen in the exhaust from the hho. In theory that would keep the cars computer from adding additional fuel which would completely defeat the purpose of the hho to begin with. Some are claiming some very big results. Me personally I would never experiment with that on my LS1, however if I had a Geo metro I would be all over it.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:38 PM
TECH Resident

yeah i am going to try this on my moms car first, then depending on results i will attempt my own. Most of these guys running these systems state nothing about the o2's. I wonder if they know whats going on.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:24 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought one of the 'How-To' Hydrogen Generator instruction manuals that has a 22 page module addressing this issue. Essentially, you buy a circuit board that tricks the PCM. I'm a bit nervous about trying this on my new Silverado & would like to hear from anyone that has done this on a GM LS engine.

PM me for a link or more info.

Griff
Old 06-25-2008, 09:45 AM
TECH Junkie

If there was such as thing as "HHO gas".....certainly. I'm going to save you alot of time by telling you it won't be worth the expense and effort.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:18 AM
TECH Resident

I meant to say HHO plus gas. Is that still impossible?
Old 07-23-2008, 06:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes you can, I've read just about the entire water4gas e-book on how to do it, and have done my own research also. The rule of thumb I've seen is you have to have a generator or generators, that provide 1/4 LPM PER liter of engine displacement, so a 6.0 would need roughly 1.5 liters per minute of gas, which would be about 2 "generators" as you see in kits. You can get "anti foul" spacers for the o2's to get it out of the track of exhaust to prevent the computer getting a lean condition and dumping fuel. You can also get a map/maf enhancer, which is nothing but two potentiometers, and a switch to give the ability to switch between the two (usually read as city/highway) on the fly, and have their own AFR adjusted, and a switch to completely bypass the unit and go back to dumping fuel, which you could also use to break the electrical connection to the hho generator. Simple design, and it has to work. Obviously, you can get to a point where you can run an engine too lean, especially using HHO, but for the most part it's safe, and will (theoretically) give positive results.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:51 PM
10 Second Club

Shouldn't this be in the Arkansas section? Making Texans look bad. Lol! Jk!
Old 07-23-2008, 06:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL I'm just butting in from CA to clarify some things to people. I agree though, it should be somewhere else, lol.

Quick Reply: Is it possible to run our cars on a HHO generator?