Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

what's an average WS6 run?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 04:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: what's an average WS6 run?

that's ok, i had to expect some form of harrassing, after all, i do own an import and im talking in an LS1 forum. i do admit and respect that a z06 does have serious power. 405hp is nothing to mess with if you're stock. also, i have no problem admitting defeat. i've been beat by a camaro (probably 68-69). he had a blower sticking out of the hood and a handfull of 10sec timeslips. it was probably stupid of me to run against him, but i didnt really care. i wanted to see what it would do. he got me off the line pretty good and he held his position. it would be impossible for me to run any 10's with street slicks on a fwd car. anyway, i gotta go, c-ya.
Old 09-08-2003, 04:50 PM
Teching In

who exactly was this "import performance guy" you consulted with? i bet he has a bad reputation. if you think an engine with that much work will only run low 14's, you must be kidding... a stock GSR with an intake, header, and exhaust, will easily run 14's. now, to say that a fully built motor will run the same as a lightly modded GSR engine is absurd. how exactly is the stuff done to my engine "light mods"? that's what you said they were. in that case, what do you consider "heavy mods" to a naturally aspirated engine? all the stuff that i have chosen works well together. i didnt just take a stock head, throw in a set of ultra-aggressive cams and call it good... what do you need to know? i built this engine myself (except for the machine work) and i know damn well what it is capable of. i'll be waiting for your response.
Old 09-08-2003, 04:58 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lightly modded = head work ... with some forged internals, which from what your description says, is what you did.
I would completely agree that you might be capable of running somewhere in the mid-high 13's ... but that is a far cry from high 11's. And you just aren't that fast N/A. Turbo, sure, N/A, no.

Like I said, throw some sort of proof on the table, and we'll gladly accept you. After all, I'm sure that you had the car dyno'd after you 'built' this whole engine ... I'll be waiting for YOUR response.

And nobody's picking on you because you have an import ... 90% of us here respect any car that is fast, but you have to understand that we have 2-3 new guys each day, who claim they have 10 second civics, and integra's and MR2's (25psi anyone?) ... it gets alittle annoying after awhile. If you want to give us some numbers, graphs, time slips, dyno numbers, etc. that back up your claims ... then I would be the first to welcome you to the board.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

And nobody's picking on you because you have an import ... 90% of us here respect any car that is fast, but you have to understand that we have 2-3 new guys each day, who claim they have 10 second civics, and integra's and MR2's (25psi anyone?) ... it gets alittle annoying after awhile. If you want to give us some numbers, graphs, time slips, dyno numbers, etc. that back up your claims ... then I would be the first to welcome you to the board.
Don't forget about the 10 second bullitts.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok...

First off, bench racing sucks. We don't care what you think your car will run, we only car about the timeslips you have to back it up.

Second, you can NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER judge the performance of your car accurately by what car you beat street racing. An old man in a C5 vette could give you the equivalent of a 15 sec pass on the street, but if you beat him does that mean that your car could "take a C5"...NO. There are too many factors at play - most imortant is driver ability. One again...timeslips please, then run your mouth.

LS1's pull hard from the line, then not much after that, huh? Kinda strange seeing how they're know for their kickass top end and torque to back it up off the line.

I'd say a fully built LS teggy non-VTEC, non power adder, with non-gutted interior, on slicks with decent weather and decent driving will probably get you into the low 13's. MAYBE a very high 12.

Hey why not register on www.honda-tech.com and ask them what they think...oh, wait, they hate bench racing as much as we do

Timeslips, junior, then run your mouth
Old 09-08-2003, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well said, Phantom.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:16 PM
Teching In

Lightly modded = head work ... with some forged internals, which from what your description says, is what you did.
I would completely agree that you might be capable of running somewhere in the mid-high 13's ... but that is a far cry from high 11's. And you just aren't that fast N/A. Turbo, sure, N/A, no.

Like I said, throw some sort of proof on the table, and we'll gladly accept you. After all, I'm sure that you had the car dyno'd after you 'built' this whole engine ... I'll be waiting for YOUR response.

lightly modded=head work huh? well, did i say i just had head work done? i believe i posted that the connecting rods and pistons had also been redone with performance ones. the mods i listed were only what has been done inside the engine mainly. i didnt list the other stuff i've done. such things as MSDignition and 440cc injectors work to give the added fuel and spark that is needed when running that much compression. there are still mods that i've left out, such as a darton block sleeve. but that stuff just adds to the reliability of the engine. i didnt figure you guys cared much to hear about mods done to a 4cyl. i didnt come in here to "prove" anything to you, nor do i care about being "accepted". i came in here hoping to get a better idea of what i'll be expecting from my car at the track. a few people on this board actually know what they are talking about and are helpful, and other people, such as yourself, and self indulged and are self-proclaimed geniuses. i mean wow, you just think you know everything about my car. how it runs, what its gonna run in the quarter, what it will and wont beat...ect.ect.ect. if you are so damn smart about this stuff, then why arent you working as a pit crew member for a big racing name?
i realize you probably do get people in here with "ricers" that lie out their teeth, but i didnt come in here for that. i just asked a simple question, which has led to this. no, i dont have any fancy dyno graphs or charts to show you. hell, i dont even know where the nearest dyno is around here. there's not much here. i hope to get it on a dyno sometime so i can better tune it. i've been doing it the hard way and tuning it with an air/fuel ratio meter and by the seat of my pants. i've started fresh with a stand-alone computer because the stock computer couldnt deal with the individual throttle bodies. there ARE all-motor hondas running low 11's and even 10's out there. look em up and see what's done to them. i bet you money that its an LS/Vtec setup similar to mine...
Old 09-08-2003, 05:21 PM
Teching In

Ok...

I'd say a fully built LS teggy non-VTEC, non power adder, with non-gutted interior, on slicks with decent weather and decent driving will probably get you into the low 13's. MAYBE a very high 12.

ok, since when is a b18c5 type r head considered non-VTEC? and when did i say the interior wasnt gutted? come on, do you think an engine that idles ROUGH at 1700rpm's and has a freakin 6puck clutch would be my daily driver? ha.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:43 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes.
I also thought an NA 11 sec honda was impossible. Power adder/ FI yeah, buy NA?
Old 09-08-2003, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Come on man all u got to do is show a nice lil timeslip theres guys that have done heads/cam to their cars and still run a high 12or low 13 because they are idiots. Where do u live... If you live in chicago area then Ill race u anytime and we'll see just how fast it is. Oh and my moms car has a b20...its a crv maybe I should race u with that
Old 09-08-2003, 06:24 PM
TECH Resident

Mr. Integra,

I will always give someone the benefit of the doubt especially since I don't know that much about Honda cars. I just have a hard time believing that you are here totally with good intentions of comparing your car....other than to stir it up a little and boast about your car. This is an LS1 site and while we do respect other cars, we have a tendency towards F-bodies and Y-bodies. To come on here and ask how your car would compare is not a very good question especially since you have provided no data with which to provide an answer.....like Dyno, weight, timeslip, etc. If you had dyno and weight of your car, I think someone could ballpark your performance based on power to weight ratios. My whole theory(about your reason for being here) is based on the fact that there are probably 250 bazillion websites that cater to the type of performace car you possess and I think they would be a little more qualified to answer your question. Your logic of "just because you beat a T/A must mean you run the same/better times" is a little bit of a stretch. I think you should pose that question to someone who has a car like yours that is similarly modded like yours. I seriously doubt that you are the pioneer of that setup and you have nobody from your own camp to compare it to. Good day and welcome to the site.
Old 09-08-2003, 06:24 PM

lightly modded=head work huh? well, did i say i just had head work done? i believe i posted that the connecting rods and pistons had also been redone with performance ones.

Buddy, read what I said ... "Lightly modded = head work ... with some forged internals", which from what your description says, is what you did. Pistons and connecting rods would fall under 'forged internals' ... meaning that I mentioned them.

... MSDignition and 440cc injectors work to give the added fuel and spark that is needed when running that much compression. there are still mods that i've left out, such as a darton block sleeve. but that stuff just adds to the reliability of the engine. i didnt figure you guys cared much to hear about mods done to a 4cyl.
Wow, Ignition and injectors!!! ****, I take back what i said, now I believe you have a 10 second car.

i didnt come in here to "prove" anything to you, nor do i care about being "accepted". i came in here hoping to get a better idea of what i'll be expecting from my car at the track.
Thats great, non of us could care less what your here attempting to do, we are just telling you our opinions. As someone before me had said, a street race cannot EVER give you any indication of what you will run on the track, or what you can beat. Anyone that thinks otherwise has issues.

a few people on this board actually know what they are talking about and are helpful, and other people, such as yourself, and self indulged and are self-proclaimed geniuses. i mean wow, you just think you know everything about my car. how it runs, what its gonna run in the quarter, what it will and wont beat...ect.ect.ect.

I never 'proclaimed' to know anything. I even told you that I asked someone who deals with imports all day long, before I made my post. Just because you have someone that disagree's with what you say, doesn't make them unintelligent, or 'self-indulged', ETC. I can only go by what you have told me, and from that and just general knowledge about cars, you will not be pulling a Z06.

if you are so damn smart about this stuff, then why arent you working as a pit crew member for a big racing name?

ROTFL ... Maybe its your dream to work on cars all your life, but I personally just like to do it as a hobby.

there ARE all-motor hondas running low 11's and even 10's out there. look em up and see what's done to them. i bet you money that its an LS/Vtec setup similar to mine...
standard ricer remarks. There are also 9 second LS1's out there, that doesn't mean that all LS1's are going to run 9 seconds. Bench racing does not prove a thing.

Bottom line buddy, none of us could give 2 ***** about what you claim to have beaten, or what you think you will run.

Goto www.dynojet.com .. find the dyno nearest you, and go get your car properly tuned and dyno'd.

Old 09-08-2003, 06:27 PM

Well said FLYNLO ...
Old 09-08-2003, 06:38 PM
STF Veteran

beating a Z06 ...12's with "some work" ..your a bunch of
Old 09-08-2003, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

beating a Z06 ...12's with "some work" ..your a bunch of
Agreed. Ive seen a turbo GSR with a race motor only hitting 12.2's. Youre almost as bad as bullitt's 10.01 @ 135
Old 09-08-2003, 07:02 PM
FormerVendor

This post goes out to that **** nut "Integra". You can not get that POS to run 12's on motor. You need stickers, a turbo, NAWWWSSSSS, and a body kit (Hahahaha!). Quit ******* lying dude. You import ************* **** me off. You're alright until you start talking about beating cars that would kill you. ******* liar. Get off this board and onto a ricer board bitch.
Old 09-08-2003, 07:18 PM

This post goes out to that **** nut "Integra". You can not get that POS to run 12's on motor. You need stickers, a turbo, NAWWWSSSSS, and a body kit (Hahahaha!). Quit ******* lying dude. You import ************* **** me off. You're alright until you start talking about beating cars that would kill you. ******* liar. Get off this board and onto a ricer board bitch.
ROTFL ... wow and I thought I was being an ******* about it.

Old 09-08-2003, 07:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Dude, Dragon, you're a dick. And yes, Integra can get that "POS", as you put it, to run 12's on motor. It would probably cost him about the same as the head, cam, exhaust, and tranny work you have, maybe even a little less. Get a clue.
Old 09-08-2003, 07:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

QwikFix, perhaps (doubtful) but perhaps you can spend the money on the mods and do the weight reductions to get that POS to run 12's. After you've done so, do you step back at look at that POS with pride? The point is why put all of that work into a POS? Furthermore, why would you come to this site and boast about T/A and VET kills without expecting to get your *** ahnded to you? Personally, Dragon's comments crack me up.
Old 09-08-2003, 07:50 PM
Truck addict

Dude, Dragon, you're a dick. And yes, Integra can get that "POS", as you put it, to run 12's on motor. It would probably cost him about the same as the head, cam, exhaust, and tranny work you have, maybe even a little less. Get a clue.
prove it! :p