Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

F/S: 1997 Camaro SS-LT4 Serial #001

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 01:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F/S: 1997 Camaro SS-LT4 Serial #001

Of the only 106 LT4 Camaro SS's built by SLP in Model Year 1997, there can ONLY be ONE Serial #001...and THIS IS IT!

The "pilot" car, built for Terry (Zeke) Maxwell, SLP Canada's General Manager, and the doting overseer of ALL Gen 4 Camaro SS and Firehawks built by SLP. The lowest Production Number Camaro SS to be converted. Powered by LT4 Engine #1. Original, one-owner, still titled to, and offered For Sale by, Zeke hisself!

Verification guaranteed. NOT a "clone", or made-up. As it left the Plant in LaSalle. Production photos, Engine assembly photos, Chassis Dyno photos, Show photos...pictures all the way back to it's "birth"!

Houndstooth, Torsen w/HD 3.42 gears, Hi-Flow SLP 2-into-2 exhaust w/side-by-side exit tailpipes (good for 7 extra rwhp), cast stainless exhaust manifolds (flow as well as shortie headers), special extra-light weight flywheel, jackets/t-shirts/golf shirts/hats.

ONLY 4,300 miles approx. (7,xxx km)! AS NEW, never hit/hurt/beat on/apart...and hardly driven in recent years! Stored properly...

Offered for the FIRST TIME! Principals only, please.

Contact ME directly: bgibson@kos.net

Please don't let this very special Camaro slip away...

Consider what a Yenko COPO 9561 was worth, a few short years ago, and what they sell for now... And then consider what Yenko COPO #1 would be worth if it was owned by Don Yenko or Vince Piggins, and was in "showroom shape", untouched...

A better investment, NOW, than a 401(k), IRA, or most anything else...

Thank you for your consideration, and feel free to "spread the word". Finder's Fee in place...

Bob
Old 11-29-2008, 09:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

PRICE??? When it isn't posted it makes people wonder what crazy price the seller has in mind. Maybe it was just an oversight but it sounds like someone wants Yenko money for a '97 LT4. Maybe one day WAY down the road but certainly not yet, especially in these tough times. I'd love to pass on the word to my collector friends at car events but NO price = no interest.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:39 AM
Staging Lane

Asking $75K...which was "comparable" Yenko money (for Yenko #1, documented) a very loooong time ago...

Not long ago, you could buy a very nice "real" one for this sort of money...and they made HOW MANY of those?? Several times more...and they're "worth" HOW MUCH, today? Similar unmodded "showroom-new" performance when new, on good tires...12's...and which one would you actually rather "drive", if you were inclined to?

As to "provenance", how much do COPO's jump if owned by Reggie Jackson, and he had WHAT to do with the creation of them? Has he ever owned a Serial #1 car, untouched and pristine?

$75K won't buy you an "accurate well-done clone", anymore, let alone a Serial #1 car...

As an investment, this car CAN'T MISS... Besides, it's tuff to take a Certificate of Deposit for a ride, let alone have your friends come over to stare at it...

Thanks again for your consideration.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 11-29-2008, 01:38 PM
Staging Lane

Shoot me a pm and I'll be pleased to supply those...

But, as I recall, all LT4's were 30th Anniversary White w/Orange Stripes and solid roofs, and this one has Houndstooth Cloth Trim...so imagine it's 1997 and there's one on your local Dealer's showroom floor...now, imagine it's Serial #001...

THAT's what it is...ONLY 4,300 miles approx. (7,xxx km)! AS NEW, never hit/hurt/beat on/apart...and hardly driven in recent years! Stored properly...
Old 11-29-2008, 04:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bob,

I know what they look like. As you will notice, I personally own a 30th Anniversary SS LT1 Convertible. I have a couple of friends who own LT4 Hardtop 30th Anniversary SS Camaros just like this one that you have listed however, it will still be nice to see pictures of this one as well.

My LT1 SS is sitting just to the left of a friend of mine's LT4 at a show in the pic below:

Andy here on this forum board has the #6 LT4 and another friend of mine has an LT4 car in Texas. Again, it would just be nice to see pic's of this one too.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:52 PM
Rob
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Was this the car SLP brought to Memphis 97? I ask because that car was beat on pretty good down the track.

They brought an LT4 SS and a red Firehawk that weekend.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PowerPro01
Asking $75K

That is insane. You can throw around the Yenko comparison all you want, fact is that those cars were way more than 11 years old when they achieved the pricing that you are trying to compare this to.

Much less common vehicles are selling for less. You are talking about the same kind of money as a Ruby ZR1, with a production of less than half of the LT4 30th cars.

It is a nice car and certainly an important part of f-body history, but that price is way out of line.

-Tim
Old 11-29-2008, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02_Phase2_ZL1
Bob,

I know what they look like. As you will notice, I personally own a 30th Anniversary SS LT1 Convertible. I have a couple of friends who own LT4 Hardtop 30th Anniversary SS Camaros just like this one that you have listed however, it will still be nice to see pictures of this one as well.

My LT1 SS is sitting just to the left of a friend of mine's LT4 at a show in the pic below:

Andy here on this forum board has the #6 LT4 and another friend of mine has an LT4 car in Texas. Again, it would just be nice to see pic's of this one too.
JD you need one of these for your car display board
http://www.cccfonline.net/New_Folder...cklers0843.jpg
Old 11-29-2008, 11:42 PM
Teching In

There's one on Ebay right now with a BIN price of $38.5K and it only has 600+ miles. It only has a bid of $30K on it as of now. Its a nice car but for $75K you can probably get 2 of them and still have cash left over.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

Thank you for your response but that is way too high after just 11 years even if it had 0 miles. Eventually yes!! For right now I would strongly suggest taking the car to Barrett Jackson or a similar venue and pray! Even those rich bidders won't come close I'm afraid. Good luck!
Old 11-30-2008, 09:16 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Rob
Was this the car SLP brought to Memphis 97? I ask because that car was beat on pretty good down the track.
Zeke has a logbook of EVERY mile this car was driven, by him. NO trips to Memphis...although the car DID run 12.94 with Zeke at the wheel.

EVERY LT4 was chassis-dyno'd in LaSalle. EVERY LT4 was test-driven for quality assurance, by ZEKE personally...except about 10, which were driven in Zeke's absence, by John Sullivan.

As to pricing:

1) Ya gotta start somewhere...no "crack" present, faculties generally accounted for...

2)... and most importantly, there's ONLY ONE Serial #001, and ONE owned by Zeke...

For those who know, or have personally met, Zeke, this car is being offered "with regrets", and it's next home will be a special place, as well. The car and the "numbers" are HIS, not mine...but are in a VERY VALID neighborhood...

It either makes sense, or it doesn't, and you'll notice there's NO POLL attached, either way...and it's very curious these comments are made publicly instead of by e-mail, as requested... bgibson@kos.net

I don't see any derisive feedback from folks who personally own a Serial # 1 anything... THOSE folks "understand"...

Thanks again, all, for your interest.

Bob
Old 11-30-2008, 09:27 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NJSPDER
Much less common vehicles are selling for less. You are talking about the same kind of money as a Ruby ZR1, with a production of less than half of the LT4 30th cars.

-Tim
Ruby ZR1's, today, command what % of their original MSRP? Why? Who wanted one, new?? And it's only one of several colors they were offered in, out of a TOTAL production of 'way more than the LT4's...

LT4's were under-produced, NOT because no one wanted them. Oh, contrare', there were only a handful of engines left over from the '96 Vette run, and those were hand blueprinted by ZEKE'S. THIS car offered ran a 12.94...and ZR1's ran WHAT?? At a cost of WHAT??

A fairer comparison would be ZR1 #1 vs. THIS car...and I suspect, in years to come, their values will mirror each other...

Consider, if you will, current values for COPO 9561's vs. L88's...and there's far fewer L88's...

Last edited by PowerPro01; 11-30-2008 at 09:52 AM.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:36 AM
Staging Lane

Consider what a GENUINE JL1-equipped '69 Camaro (ANY model) is now worth...and they built more than TWICE as many of THOSE as LT4's...and, I doubt, ANY were originally titled to Vince Piggins...

IF there is one, and it's DOCUMENTED Serial #1 of that run, it's surely worth more than the others...especially if it's in the kind of condition THIS LT4 is...
Old 11-30-2008, 09:37 AM
Launching!

You are kidding yourself and not realistic, further you display complete failure to comprehend what is being said.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:45 AM
Staging Lane

J D, I sent you a message...
Old 11-30-2008, 09:47 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BigBake
You are kidding yourself and not realistic, further you display complete failure to comprehend what is being said.

I'd say a certain disdain or disrespect is present...for ZEKE...and those who actually know him, know that's NOT warranted...

Again...his numbers...his car...Serial #1...

Thanks once more for your consideration.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:50 AM
Launching!

IF there is one, and it's DOCUMENTED Serial #1 of that run, it's surely worth more than the others...especially if it's in the kind of condition THIS LT4 is...
Yep, if the current car market was running similar to what it was 5 years ago and economic conditions were similar before the year 2000 you would be absolutely correct, there would be a dummy out there spending the money for a #001 car because it was a #001 car. But unfortunately for you and the seller the car market went south 4 years ago, of course certain cars still do well but the segment that has not done well is anything “Muscle” related. They have all taking a serious downturn in price.

Factor in that along with current economic conditions and well it does not take a degree in business management to figure out that a car that does not have a huge demand in the first place, relatively low enthusiast support currently, and not a whole lot of “free” money just floating around and a realistic picture develops. Well at least to those who are not delusional.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:57 AM
Staging Lane

So you're offering HOW MUCH?!

Again, thanks for the e-mails...
Old 11-30-2008, 10:24 AM
Launching!

So you're offering HOW MUCH?!

Again, thanks for the e-mails...
Again you posted on a public forum in an open forum thread, not a for sale section thread. A forum specifically for the discussion of Special Edition vehicles. Looks like an open discussion is occurring about your post of a special edition vehicle, unfortunately it appears you are agitated because you have no control over the flow of this discussion.

An offer? What I would offer and what you are asking are two completely different values, realistic here and ridiculous over there. Yet in your mind it is the exact opposite.

Quick Reply: F/S: 1997 Camaro SS-LT4 Serial #001