Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Regal vs GTO

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 11:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Regal vs GTO

I was out in the Regal the other night MMOB driving along on the highway. Having seen nothing but 4 cylinder commuter cars, SUV's and mini-vans for the past 2 months I've all but completely given up hope on ever finding races. In the distance of my rear-view I could see a car with HID's and fog lights coming through the light traffic. Thinking back to my early days of training, HID's + fogs + aggressive driving style is a potential race at least 3 out of 5 times (google it if you don't believe me). Low and behold it was a GTO!

I slowed down a little so that he'd catch up quicker... but then he flew past me texting on his I-phone . The car was an LS1 with an LS2 hood, fake HID's and at least a loud catback. I caught up to him and got his attention with the blower, since that's all that makes any noise on my car. He put his phone down and just hits the gas . I follow suit and quickly stopped his pull, but from 70-100 I was still behind and he hit the brakes.

He then thought it was cool to drive 90+mph for the next 3 or 4 miles. I was hangin around behind him until he had to slow down a bit for some cars. I took the right lane and got ahead of him as he was stuck behind a Prius doing 60 in the left lane. The Prius moved over and I saw his headlights lift. Starting from about 2 cars back he had a good running jump. I hit it (now in the middle lane) and he came flying up past me. But this time I didn't let him get away... He pulled around me and got to about 3/4 of a car in front and that's where his pull stopped. I started creeping back around 90mph. By 110 where I shift to 3rd we were even, and much to my surprise I was still pulling away. I let off about 130 up a solid car and a half. This was particularly impressive to me because he got such a huge jump.

I guess maybe he'll think twice before trying to do flyby's on an old Buick Regal again
Old 02-10-2011, 11:32 AM
Teching In

I hate when people don't slow down to actually race, and just want to turn it into a "who can swirve in and out of traffic more dangerously" competition
Old 02-10-2011, 12:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Good kill. Bet he is butt hurt he couldn't afford the LS2.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:50 PM
Staging Lane

This seems to me to be a common occurrence, did a bunch of parents get together and buy theyre retarded teenagers GTO's???
Old 02-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Teching In

Nice kill, Ju1ce. Your stories are entertaining as usual! Lol @ Prius in the left lane going 60...

Originally Posted by improved1
This seems to me to be a common occurrence, did a bunch of parents get together and buy theyre retarded teenagers GTO's???
Guess you've never heard of GTO kid??
Old 02-10-2011, 01:23 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
I was out in the Regal the other night MMOB driving along on the highway. Having seen nothing but 4 cylinder commuter cars, SUV's and mini-vans for the past 2 months I've all but completely given up hope on ever finding races. In the distance of my rear-view I could see a car with HID's and fog lights coming through the light traffic. Thinking back to my early days of training, HID's + fogs + aggressive driving style is a potential race at least 3 out of 5 times (google it if you don't believe me). Low and behold it was a GTO!

I slowed down a little so that he'd catch up quicker... but then he flew past me texting on his I-phone . The car was an LS1 with an LS2 hood, fake HID's and at least a loud catback. I caught up to him and got his attention with the blower, since that's all that makes any noise on my car. He put his phone down and just hits the gas . I follow suit and quickly stopped his pull, but from 70-100 I was still behind and he hit the brakes.

He then thought it was cool to drive 90+mph for the next 3 or 4 miles. I was hangin around behind him until he had to slow down a bit for some cars. I took the right lane and got ahead of him as he was stuck behind a Prius doing 60 in the left lane. The Prius moved over and I saw his headlights lift. Starting from about 2 cars back he had a good running jump. I hit it (now in the middle lane) and he came flying up past me. But this time I didn't let him get away... He pulled around me and got to about 3/4 of a car in front and that's where his pull stopped. I started creeping back around 90mph. By 110 where I shift to 3rd we were even, and much to my surprise I was still pulling away. I let off about 130 up a solid car and a half. This was particularly impressive to me because he got such a huge jump.

I guess maybe he'll think twice before trying to do flyby's on an old Buick Regal again
This describes the start of every race I've ever gotten into with my Regal GSE, lol.

Nice kill, mine keeps up with bolt on 04's very well, what are your mods?
Old 02-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mr370z
Nice kill, Ju1ce. Your stories are entertaining as usual! Lol @ Prius in the left lane going 60...

Guess you've never heard of GTO kid??
enlighten me?
Old 02-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Teching In

enlighten me?
Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akzgbabi9BA
Old 02-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Teching In

I got the ls2....LOL
Old 02-10-2011, 05:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TT Sedan
I hate when people don't slow down to actually race, and just want to turn it into a "who can swirve in and out of traffic more dangerously" competition
Exactly. Happens so often I wanna pull them out of there cars and beat them! ESPECIALLY when the drivers are at least in there mid 20's and should know better.

Next time one of you guys gets into this situation, try this as the other car is getting ready to do a ricer fly-by: roll your window down, stick you arm out and motion a slow-down motion (if they haven't romped on it yet) or just strongly point at the spot on the ground next to you, indicating you want him there. It always has worked for me, only problem is getting your window down, and arm out before it's too late.

I asked your dad that exact same question actually. He just shook his head and said "He bought it himself before we could mention it." I slapped him anyways.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:09 PM
10 Second Club

Here's the link:
bahahaha

I've never seen that, the dude with the stang was hilarious.

LMAO at wire looms and a single lambo door as the only mods on that GTO that traps 115 in the 1/8
Old 02-10-2011, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

thats so funny *** chit!
Old 02-10-2011, 09:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought you might have lined up your two cars and pulled a plug or 2 on the goat.

Good kill.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At least the guy in the GTO didn't lose all his money on three hands of Blackjack last Saturday night...
Old 02-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
At least the guy in the GTO didn't lose all his money on three hands of Blackjack last Saturday night...
****** high minimum bets. I wanna go back again tonight! Eric says we can take the Genesis
Old 02-11-2011, 12:00 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Old 02-11-2011, 12:01 PM
On The Tree

That Vid..., that Vid....
Old 02-11-2011, 12:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WSsick
In my defense it was only like 70 bucks lol
Old 02-11-2011, 12:21 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
In my defense it was only like 70 bucks lol
Ok, not as bad...but 3 hands? ****.

If it makes you feel better, my friend lost $120 in less than 15 minutes. He bought a beer when he sat down and didn't even finish it before he was out of money...so basically he had a $124 beer.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Teching In

Yeah the minimum bet was $15. $15 hand $5 match the dealer. $20 a hand. I lost 2 in a row and doubled down on the last hand with an 11 against a 5. Got a 6 for a 17 and the dealer turned a 3 for an 8 then hit a 10 to beat me by 1. That was my night playing... good thing I had already spent money on drinks and food.

Quick Reply: Regal vs GTO