Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

BS thread- drove a new 5.0 today [+vid&pics]

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 04:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default BS thread- drove a new 5.0 today [+vid&pics]

So me and the woman were trying to kill some time this afternoon, ended dropping into the Ford dealer. I was originally just going to try for a drive of a new '11 V6 just to see how she liked it (she likes the sequential blinkers and Grabber Blue ). Salesman came up and I was just talking to him about the Mustangs and how my girlfriend wants one and whatnot and he was like "so are you interested in a V6 or a GT?"

Hello open door. So now I change it up, start BSing about how I'm pre-approved for a 30k loan (I am, just not 30k ). We go inside to see what all they have in inventory. Told him I'd like a Grabber Blue GT with Brembos and 3.73s. Turned out they didn't have that, or really any 5.0s except one. Auto/vert in maroon. Eh, :/ oh well, it'll suffice. I started to get my license out and he says "aww you're fine man, don't need it."

We get out to the car, and even though I'm not a convertible fan, I deicded we might as well put the top down since it was nice out. He starts to walk away when he comes back and says, "oh I want to show you something. Hit this button if you want to have some real fun. Drive it like it's yours man!"

Yessir!

Take it easy getting to the highway, jump on it with a quick burst. Very impressive. Did a couple more pulls, got it up a notch over 100 a couple times. Felt like it would give my old Z28 a run for it's money. Traction control bit in a bit too much for my liking though. Pulled off to take some pics and then have a little different kind of fun with it.

I told my girlfriend to get out and act like she's super excited about a 5.0. She didn't want to but I finally got her to get out, then she complained because the sun was in her eyes and she couldn't see. Oh well, got a few. [I know she'll ask to read this later so thanks Jen. ]

Now for the fun stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY70wLsLp4g

Overall I was pretty damn impressed by the car. I think my old car would edge it out, but not by too much. With a tune to get rid of that annoying traction control and whatever else hindered the burnout and acceleration, I can see why these cars get so quick with so few mods. I would definitely consider owning one in the future....just not a convertible automatic.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was about to compliment the seat cover... Then she got out... Heh. Pretty gal.

So you obviously had fun with the car. I'm just glad I won't be buying it. They'd need to replace the tires 1st, thanks to you!! Didn't think I'd like the color(not a fan of any red these days- my own DD is red), but with the top down, that looks pretty nice. I still want SONIC BLUE myself, but even if they offer it on Mustangs, I'm not buyin' any. You took out the heavyweight too, but I'd suggest trying a V6 anyway. 300hp can't be all bad.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

I call dibs on the girlfriend... err, I mean auto '11 GT

Looks like you had fun
Old 04-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Launching!

Sweeeeeetttt..... Oo the cars nice to. lol Jm man. If you keep this up youll drive all the new performance cars you lucky sob.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:15 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

You're nuts dude

I almost traded in my C6 on one a few weeks ago, a white A6 and I really loved the car but we couldn't get the figures to work. I love them, amazing build quality and really quick. I was going to go KB/Whipple though so -
Old 04-07-2011, 06:35 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by It'llrun
I was about to compliment the seat cover... Then she got out... Heh. Pretty gal.

So you obviously had fun with the car. I'm just glad I won't be buying it. They'd need to replace the tires 1st, thanks to you!! Didn't think I'd like the color(not a fan of any red these days- my own DD is red), but with the top down, that looks pretty nice. I still want SONIC BLUE myself, but even if they offer it on Mustangs, I'm not buyin' any. You took out the heavyweight too, but I'd suggest trying a V6 anyway. 300hp can't be all bad.
Tires were still in great shape. Still had the little nipples on them and hardly any rubber on the car, did have to wipe a little bit off though.

I've tried the V6 out, well, rode in it. My friend's mom has one with a Roush axleback. Runs pretty damn hard, but I'd have to get the V8. Here's a video of it vs my friend's LT1. There's 3 more if you'd like to check out how they all went.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M9Jgqf-zZ8

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
I call dibs on the girlfriend... err, I mean auto '11 GT

Looks like you had fun
She keeps wanting to read what people said about her and she goes "WHATT?!?!"

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
Sweeeeeetttt..... Oo the cars nice to. lol Jm man. If you keep this up youll drive all the new performance cars you lucky sob.
That'd be sweet. I'd love to be able to drive a C6. I'll have to work on that one.

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
You're nuts dude

I almost traded in my C6 on one a few weeks ago, a white A6 and I really loved the car but we couldn't get the figures to work. I love them, amazing build quality and really quick. I was going to go KB/Whipple though so -
I wouldn't make that trade. Just not worth it in my mind. Unless you get a killer deal like the local guy that got a blower on his installed by the dealer for under MSRP. I think you made the right decision.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:09 PM
TECH Addict

You sure that was an LT1 Camaro and not a 3800?? Okay, back to your burnout show.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Teching In

LoL nice. First GF pic is facebook profile pic material
Old 04-07-2011, 08:05 PM
Teching In

Lol, gf is super cute.... Sounds like you had your fun for the day!

My number is 1 800 sheer awsomeness.... Please pass it on and have her give me a call....
Old 04-07-2011, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

I do like the new styling of the 5.0's but I wouldn't want to own one. You gf is adorable.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

That was awesome! I think you should go to your nearest Ferrari dealership and have your girl flash that smile. Don't forget the camera!
Old 04-07-2011, 09:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So you drove the slowest one and thought it was pretty quick haha. Now grab a 6 speed with 3.73s and throw a tune on it, youll think your in a new car. At least you didnt think i was BSing in your other thread about how quick they were in stock form.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:59 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by It'llrun
You sure that was an LT1 Camaro and not a 3800?? Okay, back to your burnout show.
Yup, I'm sure. Did you watch the other 3 races? 1st one the Camaro won since I was in the Mustang; 2nd race the mustang won with me in the Camaro but traction issues for the LTjuan as well; you saw the 3rd; 4th I was out of both and the stang edged out by a couple.

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
LoL nice. First GF pic is facebook profile pic material
Thanks. There were a couple more she wouldn't let me upload but those all went up on FB.

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
Lol, gf is super cute.... Sounds like you had your fun for the day!

My number is 1 800 sheer awsomeness.... Please pass it on and have her give me a call....
Jk man, thanks. We had some fun. She actually does want one, so hopefully somewhere down the line we can fit that in.

Originally Posted by riceburnerZ28
I do like the new styling of the 5.0's but I wouldn't want to own one. You gf is adorable.
Thanks, and you'd be surprised by them. Comfy and rock solid and pretty quick. I think every 5oh hater should go drive one, they are quite impressive. I drove the slowest one and it felt like a very low 13 second car, maybe a high 12.

Originally Posted by Buckwheat
That was awesome! I think you should go to your nearest Ferrari dealership and have your girl flash that smile. Don't forget the camera!
Now that would be awesome. Lambo/Bentley St.Louis is our only local "super/hypercar" dealer, and one time me and a buddy walked in just to check **** out and they said "do you gentlemen need any help?" and we were stunned. I guess they've had young guys come in and buy their **** before. They've had everything from Phantoms to Murc 670SVs to Alfa Romeo 8Cs to Veyrons and everything else in between since they are the only local dealer for stuff like that. I don't even know what I'd do if they handed me the keys to something like that.

Originally Posted by itsslow98
So you drove the slowest one and thought it was pretty quick haha. Now grab a 6 speed with 3.73s and throw a tune on it, youll think your in a new car. At least you didnt think i was BSing in your other thread about how quick they were in stock form.
Yup, even the biggest turd I could get was still damn quick. Like I said, I asked for a base car with a 6 speed, 3.73s and Brembos but they didn't have any. They only had this 1 5.0, the rest were left over '10s.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
You're nuts dude

Ok i have to ask you, and this is coming from a Ford guy actually I like both but why would you trade a c6 for a new 5.0?
Old 04-07-2011, 11:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kennyxg
Ok i have to ask you, and this is coming from a Ford guy actually I like both but why would you trade a c6 for a new 5.0?
Practicality?
Old 04-07-2011, 11:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

The girlfriend is easy on the eyes, the rest your a nut man. Looks like fun.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think the new 5.0 is better than the cammaro at this time. the camaro was at the top for a while till now whren 5.0 came out. im sure a light ly modded f body is faster. right now for the price i think the 5.0 better car and better price. i thin they will come out with a better camaro soon we see what happens. if i was comparing the new camro ss to the new 5.0 i would definatly buy the 5.0 right now. i think gm overpriced the new camaro i like it but its too much. there is so much mustang models like boss 302 shelby roush ext. camaro will have to do something.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WSsick
She keeps wanting to read what people said about her and she goes "WHATT?!?!"
Give her my # when she is single

Haha just giving you crap man. I have my own woman, sadly
Old 04-08-2011, 04:38 AM
TECH Resident

Give her my # when she is single

Haha just giving you crap man. I have my own woman, sadly
dont sound happy about your woman. mabye its curb kickin time?
Old 04-08-2011, 05:08 AM
10 Second Club

I have my own woman, sadly
Lol, sounds like a great relationship