Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

FS: '05 C6, Loaded, Cam/Bolt-on/Susp, $27k

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: '05 C6, Loaded, Cam/Bolt-on/Susp, $27k

Year: 2005
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Corvette
Price: $27000
Mileage: 52000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CA
Color: Blue
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

Up for sale is my 2005 LeMans Blue C6. It's a manual trans, fully loaded Ebony Interior car with Nav, HUD, Bose Premium, All Power, F55 (now on Pfadt Coilovers), Clear Roof, etc. The car is currently financed through Coast Hills Credit Union with a clean title.

The car has 52k miles on it currently.

I bought it bone stock, and every modification made has been done by myself or a very reputable shop, i.e. A&A Corvette, RPM Motors, etc. I am intimately familiar with every inch of this car and can easily answer any question whatsoever any prospective buyer may have about it.

It has been to one drag strip in its life and one road course. It excells at each. I've been getting ready to sell this car all summer but was unable to part with it until I accomplished at least one track day with it, as I'd never done so before. This friday, I did. And it performed flawlessly. Mission accomplished.

Current configuration:

Engine:

*Vararam Intake
*Professionally Ported FAST 92mm manifold
*Comp Cams custom ground 234/240, .598/.608 112+3
*Supporting Comp valvetrain including pushrods, dual springs, locks/retainers, etc.
*Underdrive Pulley

Exhaust:

*ARH 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers
*ARH 3" Catless X pipe
*SLP LM1 Axle-back

Drivetrain:

*Spec Stage 3 Plus, 850 lb/ft rated clutch
*Spec Aluminum Flywheel
*2007 Z06 M6 Transmission
*2007 Z06 Rear Differential

Suspension:

*Pfadt Racing fully adjustable coilovers
*Caspers Electronics F55 Mag Ride Harness Plugs (bypasses car's F55-to-BCM comms by returning the signal through a jumper)

Exterior:

*SIC Motorsports Urethane front Z06-style bumper w/ integrated lip
*Specter Werks Fiberglass rear over-fender widebody flares
*OEM GM Paint matched LMB door handles
*OEM GM Paint matched LMB Z06 rear spoiler
*Factory Reproduction 2009 Z06 Spyder Wheels in gloss black in 18x9.5 and 19x12, full Z06 size and offset

Interior:

*OEM GM 2009 Z06 Carbon/Leather Wrap dash bezel w/ Ti Stitching
*DSV Nappa Leather wrapped console lid w/ Ti stitching
*DSV Nappa Leather wrapped console base w/ Ti stiching
*DSV Nappa Leather wrapped gauge pod surrounds w/ Ti stitching

The car is very well put together, and every area of improvment upon GM's factory '05 car has been addressed. All of the typical faults associated with 2005 model year cars have been identified and corrected, to include but not limited to DBS, weak rear differentials, faulty fuel sending units and door actuators, faulty fuel cap, etc. It's all been eliminated. I've spent a lot of time, funds, and personal effort making sure this car has become completely worry free.

I had the car road and dyno tuned by Charlie at RPM Motors in Southern California only 4 weeks ago. It currently makes right at 460 horse and 426 lb/ft to the rear wheels, idles beautifully, and drives very smoothly around town. This is on California 91 octane.

Now, moving on to imperfections:

BCM Codes:

*I have intermittantly received the "Service AH/ABS/TC" message on the DIC, and have not attempted to correct this. The code has been thrown perhaps a half dozen times in the last year or so. I haven't had it appear in about 6,000 miles now.

*The car gives the "Service Column Lock" message upon start up as a result of the upgrade to the Z06 transmission, which does not communicate with this feature, as does the stock trans. It is of no effect to the car. This is a necessary evil for the strength of the Z06 trans and I simply hit the reset button when it appears.

*The Heads Up Display just became dislodged while driving several days ago. I hit a dip in the road, and the display went slightly crooked in my field of view. It slid a bit further recently and now isn't in my view any longer. I haven't taken the time to address this just yet.

Paint:

*There are two spots on the car where there are significant flaws in the paint:

---The front lower lip: Semi Truck lost a tire directly in front of me. The contact was made at the front/passenger area of the lip and the paint was cracked in two places roughly 12" from each other. The urethane lip flexed fine and was undamaged, however the paint did not fare as well.

---The passenger rocker panel: Approx 2 weeks ago, a street sweeper (I believe) gouged a deep scuff about 1/4" tall by roughly 10" long, right near the bottom of the car as I was parked the opposite direction on a neighborhood street.

I can provide pics to whomever would like to see them. The folks who've seen them so far have each said the flaws were much less severe than they'd anticipated.

Mechanical:

*I just returned from a 5k mile road trip to Florida and back, and nearing the end of the journey, after 5k miles of A/C on, the heater core behind the dash gave up. It seeped a little water into the passenger floorboard, which is how I caught it. The A/C performs as normal, but I'll be ordering a replacement core from GM Parts House shortly. They're listed at $150. It will go with the car, or I can install (willing to negotiate).

Other than these imperfections, the car has typical wear for a 7 year old vehicle. There are a few small scuffs and scratches on the exterior panels, such as those near the hatch/decklid from loading gear into the trunk, and some atop the front fenders incurred while performing maintenence, etc. Nothing visible from beyond a couple feet. The interior is very well kept and above average in comparison to other C6's with similar miles/age.

KBB and NADA both list the car between $27k and $28k for private party value. I'm asking $27k, all inclusive. You'll be getting over $20k in performance and appearance upgrades essentially for free.

I'm available for drives, viewing, etc. I'm right next to the 101/134 freeway split in Toluca Lake (North Hollywood). Thanks, and feel free to call me at any time.

-Nolan

8.0.5. 7.1.7. 8.5.7.1.

Click for video clip: http://vimeo.com/23246775

...thanks for taking the time to look.

Last edited by SlickShoesC6; 10-31-2011 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Price Drop, Location Change
Old 10-11-2011, 05:37 PM
Teching In

Sick sick vette man. Stop in Dallas and I'll give you my Audi and R1 How much do you owe on it?
Old 10-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Teching In

that is an amazing vette!!!
Old 10-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys.

If I were in a different position right now, I'd absolutely consider the Audi/R1 trade. I will potentially have no source of income in about 1 month from now. The sale at 28.5k will allow me to pay off what is remaining on the car, as well as any/all of my other remaining debt, and help get me by for another month or two.

Times are tough, and the rainy day savings only goes so far.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:20 PM
Teching In

Oh, and for whomever buys the car, I have and will provide them with a nearly new pair of 18x12" CCW T10's wrapped in 345 Mickey ET Streets for use at the track.

This is roughly a 2,000 dollar set of drag wheels/tires. Free of charge.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Damn man, sorry to hear about the tough times. I feel for you and best of luck!
Old 10-11-2011, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

fml...
Old 10-12-2011, 10:14 AM
Teching In

omg i want this so bad, super sick nice car man
Old 10-12-2011, 10:27 AM
Teching In

It really is a complete, do it all car. I can be tracked, DD'd, shown, etc. I get 28mpg on the highway, and up to 20mpg in town depending on traffic flow. C6 depreciation has tapered down quite a bit and they're leveling off now. C6Z's have been hovering in the low 40's now at a minumum for nearly two years and really haven't budged.

This car will out-show, out-handle, out-MPG, out-drag, and out-highway a C6Z06 as well. For $15-$20k cheaper. And it's already got a C6Z drivetrain downstream of the shortblock.

If you're going to build it for boost, the intake, exhaust, clutch, flywheel, trans, and diff are all there already. All you'd need is your favorite fuel setup. For more than ~8psi, just a set of rods and slugs.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Thats nice.... and good price.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:48 AM
Teching In

Let's get this car to a good owner, guys. I can absolutely promise you that pictures, no matter how nice, do this car no justice. It has a presence all its own and sparks more conversation with onlookers than you can imagine.

To the top.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Very nice Bro. Wish I wouldn't have just bought a boat. GLWS
Old 10-26-2011, 01:56 PM
Staging Lane

hey buddy car still for sale?
Old 10-31-2011, 02:21 PM
Teching In

It is still for sale.

I had a handful of buyers all fail to come through in Florida, usually as a result of trying to purchase my car whilst unsuccessfully attempting to sell their own. The car and myself are back in CA now, and it's up for sale here.

Price drop to $27k, help me get her gone.

Phone number is in post 1.

Last edited by SlickShoesC6; 10-31-2011 at 02:42 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:23 PM
Teching In

Nicee!

Quick Reply: FS: '05 C6, Loaded, Cam/Bolt-on/Susp, $27k