Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Info And Part #'s For The Ls2

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 06:24 PM
KJ
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info And Part #'s For The Ls2

This is an internal email I recieved from Nicky Fowler (Parts Dirrector at SDPC) today....

Brief update on LS2 parts and compatibility with the LS1/LS6.

I have read numerous posts on several forums concerning the new LS2 components. I have been diligently working on the part numbers, pricing, and the interchangeability. I have listed a few of the items below. Remember, pricing on new production parts is ALWAYS subject to change and many of these items have GM “temporary pricing” established from the pricing department! As we know, temporary pricing is kind of like roulette - you never know what number the ball is going to land on! So these prices are subject to change from the General on a daily basis!
I will be in Michigan all of next week and will have the opportunity to meet with GM Racing, Powertrain, HPVO, Service Parts and Performance Parts. Hopefully I can resolve some of these issues that we all have questions to and get a look into what else is coming from the General.

LS2 Parts

Intake - #89017648
Pricing - $235.75ea
At this time it appears that this part number represents the complete intake, less fuel rails, injectors, and throttle body. We hope to have some here in about 3 to 4 weeks. Just a reminder, the LS6 intake continues to shows its worthiness in independent dyno testing. When used on stock cubic inch engines with camshafts of a duration at 0.050” of 235-degrees or smaller, the LS6 continues to be a strong competitor to the FAST and much better than the Weiand and the stock LS1. In most tests, the LS6 intake is only 2 to 8 horsepower off of the FAST at peak RPM and in one test it is equal to the FAST! It all depends on the complete combination and the ultimate usage of the vehicle. Most people never talk about average horsepower and average torque and do not forget that the engine must go thru the RPM range to arrive at that peak number. A good flat torque curve will certainly add to the ability to get there! And it always improves that “seat-of-the-pants” feeling when you “mash” on the pedal!
Hard to say at this time if the LS2 will be that much better than the LS6 on a stock cubic inch engine. In pure drivability and bottom end torque, the 346ci engine may still require the LS6 intake. And the LS6 may be cheaper to install in the end! We will just have to wait and see.

Throttle Body - #12570790
Pricing - $325.00ea (could have a core charge?)
Drive by wire 90mm throttle body. Some people have posted about how to wire this to the current PCM and wiring harness. As always, expect the unexpected! Some people will think that this is all you will have to do to make this work correctly. There will be some refinement issues to the PCM regarding this change. And again, a mildly modified 346ci engine may not respond to this change. It could actually hurt bottom end torque and drivability. It will be interesting though! The LS2 intake and the 90mm throttle body should be really nice add-ons for the big cubic inch engines that are up and running.

Cylinder Heads - #12564825
Same as the 2002-04 LS6 cylinder head, no changes on the bare head. However the LS2 engine uses the stock LS1 valves rather than the lightweight Z06 valves.

Block - Part Number not available to the public at this time
We have 20-blocks on order. I should have pricing in the next 2-4 weeks. Delivery time is another issue, who knows! We could have some here by the end of the month.

Water Pump - #89017457 (Y-Body)
Pricing - $165.25ea
The 04 and 05 pumps look like they interchange with no problems. They use the same thermostat and it appears they have the same impeller internally. The castings are different; the 05 rear cover is a pressed-in cup while the 04 is a bolt-on piece with an o-ring seal. The pulleys are very different and it appears the large portion of the weight reduction comes from the change in pulley styles. The O.D. of the pulley has not changed. If someone wants to lose a quick 3.2lbs off of the front of their car, then bolt-on the new water pump. The new pump weighs 10.25lbs while the old LS1 water pump weighs 13.45lbs. There is no longer a provision to drill and tap for a temperature sender near the upper inlet on the pump. Do not forget that we have the new style thermostats in stock to fit the 2004 V8 engines and the new LS2.
160-degree thermostats #SD105160 - $24.95ea
Old 08-06-2004, 09:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Is this dlr cost or list price, In GM's parts wizard where I work it show's the above prices as dlr cost not what they normally sell for.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:06 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,096 Likes on 720 Posts

Thanks SDPC and Nicky for sharing info with us.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Great info thanks. If that price on the intake holds up, and a TB solution is found, you better order a bunch of them.

Bruce
Old 08-06-2004, 12:35 PM
KJ
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 88SS LS1
Is this dlr cost or list price, In GM's parts wizard where I work it show's the above prices as dlr cost not what they normally sell for.
For now these are the prices we plan to sell for. By the time that GM starts to ship, the prices could change.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:44 PM
TECH Addict

Wow, any way to pre-order an intake???
Old 08-06-2004, 02:05 PM
KJ
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LOnSLO
Wow, any way to pre-order an intake???
We would be happy to take pre-orders! The only thing I can do at this point is take a deposit until final pricing and shipping starts. If that is something that will work for you, just pm, email or call me.
Old 08-06-2004, 02:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by kjsdpc
We would be happy to take pre-orders! The only thing I can do at this point is take a deposit until final pricing and shipping starts. If that is something that will work for you, just pm, email or call me.
Hmmmm... Well, I just sold my LS6 intake in anticipation of this coming out. I need to order some headers anyway, so I'll call monday.
Old 08-06-2004, 03:05 PM
KJ
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LOnSLO
Hmmmm... Well, I just sold my LS6 intake in anticipation of this coming out. I need to order some headers anyway, so I'll call monday.
Call me at 1-800-456-0211 ext353, my name is Kris Jones. I can't remember if I talked to you about headers, but if I didn't, we are having a sale with free freight until the end of this mounth!!
Old 08-07-2004, 10:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Any part numbers on the new fuel rail, shorter injectors, etc, which are needed to install this manifold on an LS1/6 engine? Do you know if the new water pump is straight bolt-on for an F-body?
Old 08-09-2004, 10:54 AM
KJ
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JimMueller
Any part numbers on the new fuel rail, shorter injectors, etc, which are needed to install this manifold on an LS1/6 engine? Do you know if the new water pump is straight bolt-on for an F-body?
We are working on the fuel rail and injector problem, and hope to have an answer on that soon. As for the water pump, there should be no problem bolting it on to an F body with out any mods! GM has started to ship the new LS2 water pumps and we have sold the few we have recieved. We have a few water pumps on a stock order & should have them ready to ship soon!!
Old 08-13-2004, 11:49 PM
Launching!

What about those exhaust manifold part numbers & prices? I would be interested in those.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:38 AM
KJ
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Derek 357i
What about those exhaust manifold part numbers & prices? I would be interested in those.
I will try to find those and get them posted up!!
Old 08-16-2004, 01:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Am also VERY interested in the fuel rail/injector part #/price, might be ordering an ls2 intake if those prices are right. the FAST is still a little too $$$$.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Definitely gonna purchase a block when it comes out for the winter months when the car is down and the tracks are closed.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ttt

Old 08-17-2004, 08:29 AM
KJ
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kumar75150
Definitely gonna purchase a block when it comes out for the winter months when the car is down and the tracks are closed.
We have a large amount of blocks on order and hope to be one of the first dealers to get them. I am going to start a call list, and those people will be the first ones to know that our blocks are in and ready to order. PM or email me if you would like to be on this list. I will do the same for intakes and any other pieces you might be looking for. Just give me your name, phone #, & the part you are looking for. Thanks!!
Old 08-17-2004, 09:09 AM
KJ
TECH Enthusiast

Water pump pic!!
Old 08-17-2004, 09:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

cool great info!!

Looking forward to seeing how the LS2 intake does on a larger cube LS1 based engine

Old 08-17-2004, 11:32 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by KJ@SDPC
We have a large amount of blocks on order and hope to be one of the first dealers to get them. I am going to start a call list, and those people will be the first ones to know that our blocks are in and ready to order. PM or email me if you would like to be on this list. I will do the same for intakes and any other pieces you might be looking for. Just give me your name, phone #, & the part you are looking for. Thanks!!
several questions.
do you have a part number yet?
any idea on retro fit issues with ls1 cars?

Quick Reply: Info And Part #'s For The Ls2