Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS is the BESTS!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 10:28 AM
...with cheese.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STS is the BESTS!

I'd like to share my personal experience with STS. I ordered my kit the later part of August... A month and an awful experience with UPS later I recieved my kit. Thanks to UPS my package was lost somewhere in or around memphis. I researched the problem and put a trace on it... blah blah, UPS finally admitted they couldn't find it. I thought to myself, well stuff like this happens, Insurance will surely cover this. Come to find out, something happend and insurance wasn't involved with the package! UPS instructed me to contact my shipper and discuss possible solutions to the problem. I thought for sure I was out a chunk of money... Well I got in contact with Dave over at STS and man, I can't begin to describe how well they handled the situation. Not only did they eat the cost of the kit because of insurance not covering it, they overnighted me another one! The point of me posting this was to just put out there how great the customer service is over at STS. I would really recommend these guys!
Old 09-30-2004, 10:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Nice to see a vendor step up to the plate, even when it's not their fault.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

That's great service! Why in the world would UPS not pay for it? THEY LOST IT!! Doesn't make any sense to me.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Glad to see you got it! I am going to suggest to them to not use UPS anymore. I'm sure they will agree by now! How do you lose a package like this?
Old 09-30-2004, 11:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Some UPS guy just got himself an early $3600 Christmas gift.
It has been the same experience with me. Through the lack of communication on both me and my dealer, I was sent a kit that was not for a Vert. Even though I was in no rush for the pieces, they Fedexed the parts I needed, and told me to send the other parts back at my convenience, and they will refund the shipping for that too.
Way to go STS.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It's up to STS to put in a claim against UPS... UPS lost my headers off the back of their truck in front of t-byrnes once. Took me 2 months to get my damn headers. lol.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:52 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Great bunch of guys at STS. Glad to see everything worked out. Now get that thing on and get us some #'s
Old 09-30-2004, 11:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02BlueFirehawk
It's up to STS to put in a claim against UPS... UPS lost my headers off the back of their truck in front of t-byrnes once. Took me 2 months to get my damn headers. lol.
Point is, STS was willing to re-ship a new kit before even getting the funds from the claim. Although they should eventually get reimbursed, they were not willing to let the customer wait any longer so they ate the cost for the time being and put the customer first.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup STS kicks *** customer service wise.

They are really doing things right over there.

Finally a performance company with a clue.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:04 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I have about 10,000 dollars worth of parts missing with UPS. Heck I have a crate full of turbos that somehow mysteriously vanished . I have 4 traces out on all the stuff and nothing has turned up. Heck I had another package for a customer of mine that it still says is hasn't left and we thought it was lost, and it magically appeared at his house, but yet the tracking # still shows it hasn't left....phfff, UPS is pathetic...

Jose
Old 09-30-2004, 12:11 PM
...with cheese.

Originally Posted by Wildman
Some UPS guy just got himself an early $3600 Christmas gift.
Thats what I told Dave... Some UPS guy has a brand spankin new rig.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:15 PM
...with cheese.

Originally Posted by JERRY2500
Great bunch of guys at STS. Glad to see everything worked out. Now get that thing on and get us some #'s
I picked up SLYWS6's 6.0 block with all the goodies. The motor itself put down a little over 400rwhp running 8.8:1 compression I'd like to pair this with a T-70 meth injection and maybe 12 pounds or so... Hope to put down some decent #'s
Old 09-30-2004, 12:24 PM
Launching!

I've had more bad experiences with UPS than good. Fed Ex on the other hand, has never let me down, 9 times out of 10, package arrives before the estimated delivery date.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:26 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Armageddon
I picked up SLYWS6's 6.0 block with all the goodies. The motor itself put down a little over 400rwhp running 8.8:1 compression I'd like to pair this with a T-70 meth injection and maybe 12 pounds or so... Hope to put down some decent #'s
There's no dout you will. That should be bad ***.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:45 PM
Teching In

Default STS UPS Claim

This is Ben from STS - we actually are not going to get refunded for UPS losing the kit. The kit didn't have insurance which was totally our fault. We only use UPS when the kit goes to a residential address. All other times we use FedEx.

Thanks for all the positive feedback on the boards! We're doing our best to make high quality kits and keep our customers happy.

Ben
Old 09-30-2004, 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

UPS has been loosing a lot of stuff lately. I have had 2 things lost in as many months.
A set of stock manifolds and cats and silicone reducer sleeve.
Since the manifold incident, I have been using USPS Priority Mail, which so far has been less expensive and gets there faster than UPS Ground. Although, I don't think they will do the big heavy packages. I think if I have to ship something heavy or big I will spend a little more and do FEDEX Ground.
Just my $.02.
Ben, I will get the extra parts packed up this weekend and shipped to you on Monday.
Thanks,
Paul
Old 09-30-2004, 05:31 PM
10 Second Club

The guys at STS are doing a great job with customer service. All the guys there are top notch. My experience with them as a vendor is nothing less then perfect. I'm glad to be able to have a bunch of guys that know that the important thing in the big picture is Customer Satisfaction.
Old 09-30-2004, 09:56 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Damn, this thread blew up before I could ad my .02 LOL

Anyway, I've had nothing but excellent service from the guys at STS as most of you already know since I invade just about every STS thread on the internet.

You guys should see how they treat their dealers... Customer service is one thing but the relationship they build with dealers is pretty awesome. I've been in retail for 10+yrs and I have never seen a company go to such lengths to keep both customers and dealers happy.

My hats off to STS...
Old 09-30-2004, 10:49 PM
Staging Lane

I have been doing a lot of research on going with an STS kit or a typically setup, and after reading all the positive remarks about STS' customer service may have just swayed me in that direction for my final decision. Thanks for making the decision a little easier guys.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:11 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 382LS1
I have been doing a lot of research on going with an STS kit or a typically setup, and after reading all the positive remarks about STS' customer service may have just swayed me in that direction for my final decision. Thanks for making the decision a little easier guys.
I'm sure you'll be happy with the guys at STS and I wish you luck with your kit.

Seems to me like most of us STS guys like to help eachother out and often trade info back and forth. If you end up with the STS kit and run into trouble just know that there are lot of wonderful people around here that are willing to help you out with advice.

Quick Reply: STS is the BESTS!